Thursday, April 21, 2016

Why do I always forget something...

I didn't think I'd be able to walk today.  Tuesday was a squat heavy day.  I mean, after last Wednesday, I thought there is no way I'd make it through.  Guess what, I made it!  And I can walk!

Before I get into that, I will say I did do some work this weekend.  Hammys were still a little tight come Saturday, when I went on a little 2.3 mile walk with my chiropractor buddy (who also gauged my interest in working his start up with him, super cool).  And then balled on Sunday.  Knees and ankles were sore come Tuesday, but it was fun and a great workout. 

Point of interest here, it's Thursday, and I'm sore... but not the owie my muscles hurt sore... it feels deeper than that, like I found another level of muscle to abuse... strange.  

 Alright, so Tuesday is a squat day.  20-10-10 apparently.  They've been on this for a bit, so everyone is comfortable with what they have to do.  I don't think I've chained 20 airsquats in a row, let alone real squats.  I can tell you know, days later, still haven't.  LOL.  But I will.  Even if it's just the bar next week, I'm going to get that 20.  My issues seem to focus around staying engaged mentally, and keeping solid core/solid form.  I think the best I got to was 13 with two 15# plates.  I can do this, I just need to do it... 

After that, there was a 3 part WOD, with 2 movements in each.  I don't have it in front of me, so I'm going off memory now, but it was something like 5 rounds of 8 box step ups with a dumbbell press at the top and then 8 burpee box jumps.  Tell you now, I scald the hell out of this... In reality, after watching Brandons coaching instruction, I should have used a shorter box... and then there is the burpee box jumps.  Didn't bother with the box jump part, I'll admit it....   Think I got to the end of my 4th round when we all moved on to the next thing, which was  4 rounds of 16 walking lunges and 20 situps.  Finished this one, but man alive I'm slow slow slow at situps.  Are they really that hard? 

Last round was 3 sets of 30 alternating one arm KB swings, and then 20 air squats.  Let me tell you, after all the squats I did, and tried to do, and the step ups, and the lunges... hahahaaha.  This was amazing.  I tried to just bang them out 4 or 5 at a time, in an ASAP method.  It worked ok.  The killer was the KB swings to be honest.  I probably went too heavy, but man, my obliques would hurt before I got to 10.  I realize that is probably a periphery benefit of doing one armed ones, or maybe I rotated to much and made it more ab like, but holy cow that was something else. 

That was that. 

It was awesome to get back in the box, and it was a pretty BA workout.  I really wanted to get back to it yesterday (Wed), but around 330 or so, not long after lunch, it felt like something was trying to dig its way out of my stomach.  Nausea, pain, general uneasiness...   I have no problem working out when I don't feel 100%, but this felt like I was 100% for sure going to puke... and I'd like to keep my "I've never puked" streak going.... I mean, when I finally post a sub 4 minute Fran, I can puke all day, thats fine, but I'm not going to pop that cherry because my stomach hurts. 

I actually went home and took a nap, still felt like ass all night.  Felt better this morning sans a headache.  Thinking it might be this work coffee I'm drinking with coconut oil.  I say that because my stomach is kinda achy now... and I had my coffee late yesterday too... who knows, so long as it's fine by WOD time. 

Alright, misc things.  I still miss DE... I really do need to look at moving, or at least visiting.  Prolly wait till I've actually lost a full hundo.  Can't go back empty handed.

Setting up a weight loss comp with my boys, $20 buy in.  Want to make this a competition, and get me that motivation.

Still getting around to doing vlogging with a FB pages, might integrate the 'gram as well. 

I feel like I'm forgetting something...

No comments:

Post a Comment