Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Coming Soon... again.

It's been an excuse filled month.  Family caught influenza A over 16.3, I didn't, but was a carrier, didn't want to pass that mess to anyone else.  Week later, caught bronchitis myself, last 5 days.  Sucked.  Missed 16.4.  Missed 16.5 due to a lack of transportation, two weeks without a working car. 

Now, these are all pretty valid reasons, but when you're actually driven, this are minor obstacles trying to get in your way.  I've been completely unmotivated, and having these keep me away from the box is frankly unacceptable.  Could have  at least been working on the FB page I keep talking about ( I do keep making short vids for it though)..... but I've been neglecting that too.  In short, I've regressed.  I'm not back up to my starting weight (not really sure where I am exactly), but I'm up about 20lbs, which, after 6+ months of limited workouts, isn't a shock... but I'm tired of being a fatty.  This is the end of my second year, and I've lost all progress from this point last year.

We're turning that around today.  Hitting up On Track this afternoon, first class in a month.  Surprisingly nervous to get back to my fitness family.  Shame, guilt, failure... lots of emotions would try to keep me away one more day, but this is too important to fail at.  Top it all off, found out my mom has cancer this last weekend.  She has an encouraging prognosis, getting a hysterectomy done, should catch it all as it's stage 1 and very very early according to the docs, we'll see.  I need to use things like this to motivate me to be better than I've been.  Seeing me get smaller and in better shape will lift my mother up... Positive vibes and feelings have been shown to impact the health of patients, so I want to do extra to help dear ol' momma. 

Back to me though.  Getting back to WoDs, I'm past ready.  Got soft hands again, need to fix that.  Have a potential two a day scenario unfolding for the coming weeks.  Buddy is on a Wendler lifting program, might jump in with him, he comes back to this work campus next week, and there is a gym on premise.  Think I can get away with some lifting and then doing CF stuff.  Talk to coach about it tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment