Friday, April 15, 2016

So this is what staring over feels like...

Ok, didn't make it that Tuesday.  Spent most of the afternoon/evening in the bathroom, either at work or home... it wasn't pretty, we'll leave it at that.

Did make it Wednesday.  WOD Wednesday.  Oh boy.  I haven't felt like that since my first day of CrossFit.  And in a lot of ways, it was my first day of CrossFit.  Put it to you like this, I was wobbling in the middle of workouts, going from one spot to another.  It felt like when Gia had me trying out the different squat positions our fist day.  Here it is two days later, and I'm struggling to go downstairs still.... I even bought a foam roller from home use.... still having problems.  Oof.

Really, we hit a lot of stuff.  We did some medball tossing (overheard, torso twist, torso twish with a push if that makes sense) and some medball situps.  Then there was a nice AMRAP of hang power snatches at a "light weight" of 75lbs.  My lord, when did that get so heavy...   hang snatches and single/double unders.  This belly man... it hurts when I jump rope now.  Slaps hard... very tender.  And the snatches... like I said, we're incredibly heavy.  I was able to do most of them with solid form, but had I been lazy about it, it would have ended badly. 

Next was a 400m run or row and then 15 OHS squats.  I'd already rowed a fair bit in warming up... 1500m?  And when I got to the rower again, my lord was it hard.  The quads were like "na breh, no mas".  Did it anyway, but when it came to the OHS... I did two, and they didn't feel right.  "Yo Reggie, come tell me how bad these are".  Did one.  "About a quarter".  WHAT?!?!.... Reggie, my man, I've got a big backside, you sure?  He just smiled and was like yeah.  Ok, let me try this.  Went as low as I've ever gone.  "Perfect".  !@#$   This was as low as I think I can go... needless to say, this AMRAP was awful.  I wasn't wearing my lifters, and I could feel my right heel coming up just a little, so Brandon grabbed some wafer thin plate to put under my heels to simulate lifters.  Don't think it hurt anything, but it probably didn't help either....  guess I just need to decide if I'm going to use the lifters as full on WOD shoes or not.  I was trying the Sketchers back out as I could run easier in them, and they don't really have a drop... we'll see what happens.

Last WOD was 10 good mornings with the barbell, 10 toes to bar, or situps.  I got through 4 rounds and was done.  Next day, hammys, abs, obliques, quads, even shoulders... all smoldering.  IT FEELS GREAT TO BE BACK!!!   Pain and all.  I've got a big smile on my face.  It doesn't feel good physically, but mentally and emotionally, I'm in a happy place.  Hope you have a great weekend, I'm out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment