Tuesday, June 28, 2016

My Wrist!!

Missed a few updates.  Had another two a day on Thursday last week.  Did some extra goalie later movement work, rowed another mile, and sweat out a pound and a half, or more... so it seems.

Had a much better game between the sticks this weekend.  STILL let in my avg of 5 goals (still got the W), but I can get that down to 3 with a little more work.  Missed a near post I should have had, had one slide off my gloves and back into play, and then there was a miscommunication for a third.  We'll get there.

Did hurt my hand though.  One of the ones that was 50/50 coulda/shoulda saved, was in a bad spot, and had a shot blasted high.  Caught it, or rather it bent my thumb backward while flying into the goal.  I mention that because 2 days later, it's impacting my WOD. 

Weights today, lots of barbell work.  Didn't want to get up, super sleepy, but decided to drag my butt out of bed anyway.  Did some lunges, power cleans, and push press in a 12-9-6 format for 5 rounds.  Struggled mightily, thumb and subsequent wrist just weren't' having it.  Did some additional squat work, and some heavyish push presses at 135.  Glad I stopped when I did, my wrist just wasn't having it.  Might do an afternoon session again, though I don't actually have the gear for it with me, but we'll make it work. 

Need the thumb/wrist to get better quick tho.  Light work till then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment