Monday, June 20, 2016

Morning fitness

I've tried to write this post for about a week now.  Short version, I'm switching to mornings, but it's been a process.  This is going to be short, I've got 9+ hours of work to try to get done in about 6.5, wish me luck.

Today was awesomely awful.  Highlights was a 10 minute EMOM of 5 power snatches.  Never did like doing weights for cardio like that (I know thats now how it's designed, but thats how it feels).  We also had a nice 15 min AMRAP of 50 singles, 200m row, 5 clean and jerks.   There was some other post WOD stuff that I skipped in order to shower and get to work sooner, but it was a pretty solid workout, and I'm happy enough with my efforts, considering I'm running on 4.something hours of sleep. 

But wait, didn't you say sleep was important.   Yes.  Yes I did.  Had a late soccer game last night, got home close to midnight.  Showered then I stay up a little because I hate going to bed damp.  So bed at 0130, and I woke up at 0600.  No alarm.  Was like well, I can sleep to the time I was going to, or I can get up.  Put it to you this way, I didn't want to get up, but I've got goals that can't be met by staying in bed. 

The one downside to this am workout stuff is my body is hot afterwards.  I don't mean the physically hot, that goes without saying.  I'm talking about that raised core temp, raised metabolism, etc etc.  I take showers at the box, and today I got it cold before I got out.  Stemmed the sweating a bit, but still not enough.  I get to work (no AC in the car), and I'm usually back to sweating bullets by the time I get to the door.  Either need to get the AC fixed, or try something else on the way to work.  I mean this is what I looked like (below).  No collard shirt, got a swetband on.... trying to make this mornings thing work.  Life is hard.  LOL!! 







Soccer, if I haven't mentioned it till now, has been going well.  Got humbled last night by the 0-5 team in the league, let in 10 goals.  5 we're on me.  Can't let that happen again.  Pride won't let me.  Keep you apprised.

Thats all I've got, have a great Monday everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment