Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Great day

Boy it's warm.  Yesterday was a great day.  Good morning workout, minus this one part, but overall it was good.  Sweat all over the office again (maybe I need a fan?).  Germany won their game, that was great.  USA lost badly to Argentina... that part sucked.  So maybe it wasn't a great day, but it was good, better than normal. 

Workout was good.  Did some squatting, rolled up to the mid foot, used way too much quad.  Worked on lower weights to stay back.  Been talking about this for 2 years now, need to get the weight off, and fix this counter balance that I've got.  Had some other things as well, like a 20 minute AMRAP team bump event.  Had two girls on my team, and the workout was a 100ft "heavy" sled push.  I say "heavy" because it was 180 and that's light to me.  While that person is going, person 2 is doing ring pushups, and person 3 is doing a calorie row.  What made workout suck a bit, our newest, weakest member was on the sled push while I was on the rower.  As a team, we did 168 calories over that time.  I had over 100 of them.  Let that marinate. 

Still, a good workout. 

Work was work, then I went home... except I didn't go home.  I went back to the box.  I think this impressed Brian a fair bit, coming back to work on things.  Did a lot of extra work on little things.  Did some more squatting sitting back more and more.  Did some lateral movement with bands, working on my side to side strength and speed.  Rowed another mile.  Got some new stuff to work on from Brian for my goalie isms. 

So maybe it was a great day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment