Friday, February 12, 2016

Lets get back to it already...

Well, I can't say that I'm not trying... LOL.  Back at it last night, finally.  9 days after the last workout.  I really am trying to get back to 3-4 days a week.... so frustrating. 

Recap on last night,  snatch practice and rowing.  That was pretty much my night.  Spent a lot of time working on the first two stages of the pull, and not so much on the rest.  Feel like it impacted my ability to get the bar overhead a little to be honest, but it could just be me getting back into snatched.  I did, however, start jumping with that pull.  Well, it was probably more "jumping" but I was using that to get under the bar a little bit faster. 

Rest of the time was spent on gymnastic conditioning.  I chose to row, my knee (outside on the right) and hip (also on the right) were fairly tender today, and I want to get to rowing a 5k after each workout (figure it will take about 2 months to build up to this). 

Also looking at getting a part time job, which will be at FedEx if it's anywhere, and it will be an hour or so after class, so I'll have enough time to get a protein shake in, and recoup a little before I'm back doing metabolic conditioning stacking boxes.  Worked there plenty before, so I know what I'm getting into... hopefully this will be the catalyst to get me going again.... and I think it will be.  Going to have extra income (hello Ketones and WheyCo protein), and it's going to be more workouts.  So long as I don't get injured at either place, I should be golden! 

Thats all I've got for now, tonight is squats on top of squats.  My knee already hurts (that same soft tissue feeling thing on the right), so I'm going to roll out the legs real good before I start.  Hoping it's just related to tightness... we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment