Tuesday, November 17, 2015

grumble grumble

HEY!  Two days in a row, been a long time since that's happened.  I can tell you this, I'm beyond ready to be back in a normal class.  This self imposed working out in a vacuum... sucks... and might be part of the reason I strained something in my shoulder.  Really, I should have warmed up with the class in progress, THEN gotten into my other stretches.  Probably would have mitigated this.  It's hard to remember it's been a month plus since I've really, truly gotten after it. 

Today was supposed to be 30 minutes of METCON.  I got 20 in before kaputski.  First set was 10 minutes of 7 ring rows, 7 strict press at 75lbs, and 40 battle ropes swings.  I noticed my shoulder... or really my whole left arm not being in it on the very first strict press set.  Made the ropes and everything else difficult after that.  10 minutes of hell... shoulder, left arm seeming to get weaker after every round.  Ended up 5+3.  Not great.

Next up was supposed to be 7 ring pushups, 14 calorie row, 21 KB swings.  The class was using the rowers, so I did some plate pull thingys that I made up on the spot.  Probably complete @ss, but I tried.  The ring pushups didn't feel right, I need to get with Brian on those again.  The KB swings, were AMAZINGLY difficult to string together today.  I'm going to blame it on the shoulder... because I don't know what else could cause it to suck so badly.  Put down the pood too many times.  Ended up with 4 rounds even in 10 minutes.  Need to pick up it up.  

After that, I was dragging the rope back to the box, and putting some things up, when I made the call to stop.  I left the box, got halfway through the parking lot, then had to come right back, forgot my phone.  In that short time, my shoulder tightened up tremendously.  Going to be a long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment