Friday, January 15, 2016

Yawn!

I won't crown myself the king of excuses, but I sure do have a lot of them.  This last week, or really since the last WOD, was nothing short of awful.  I was sore for days, which I shouldn't have let stop me, but I did, then I got sickly over the weekend, then work kept me "too busy" to get to the box during a class time... I'm working on reforming this, I promise. 

Yesterday found me at the box in spite of my excuses.  I had glasses and not contacts (been getting <4hours sleep the last two, now three nights), and I hate working out in my glasses.  Didn't have the right box attire.  Didn't have enough rest.  Showed up anyway.  Plan on doing the same today...

Still worried about my calf... will be for a while I suspect.  Did split jerks today, building to a heavy single.  We worked on form a bit first, then started adding weight.  Didn't know where my PR was, and being a few months removed from anything approaching a normal workout regime, I just went with it.  Got up to 145, which is apparently 10 pounds shy of my PR.  Thing is, I did it with what has probably been my best form... 155 will be crossed off soon enough, I'm pretty sure it was one of those struggling jerks when I did it.  145 was tough, but it felt good, like one that actually would be counted as a rep in a competition.  After I hit my heavy, went back down to 95, and worked on form while everyone else was getting in their last attempts.  Good work. 

Some of the other stuff we did was work on muscle up progressions.  My bit was ring pushups, which I hate more than regular pushups (the struggle is real), and more ring rows and things like that.

Last thing was pistol practice.  Yeah, no.  Especially at the rep number that was on the board, even if it was attempts, just... no.  I tried to do air squats.  My lord, I struggled mightily.  A few times my right knee crashed in a bit.  Don't know if I was trying to go too low or what... might have to re learn how to do a proper squat.  :/


No comments:

Post a Comment