Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Day 1, 2018

You're not going to hear the "new year new me" stuff here.  You will hear that today was my first day back in any gym, in quite some time.  Reminded me of the first time walking into CrossFit Diamond State.  Nervous.  Excited.  Maybe a little scared. 

Worked with my brand new trainer/coach Renee Desjardins (look her up) to make sure I knew how to do each of the movements (properly) that were going to make up this 3 week block of training.  I'm doing several movements in a more modified fashion than I'm used to, but that does't mean they don't hit as hard as the "old ways".  Renee had me all over the gym doing things from torso twists at the cable machine (think the biggest piece of equipment at the gym) to the time honored (and Dan modified) push ups.  It was a good all around wake up call/ shock to my body.  Tomorrow will be soreness and SOCCER, followed by more soreness.  It's going to be great. 

I know she reads this, so I have a confession to make.  I didn't get all the 30 minutes of elliptical in (and they have another set/style of machines).  My quads refused to work after about 5 cycles on the first machine.  It was like elliptical hell, only it felt like it was going uphill.  The second set of machines was better, more "flat" feeling, but the fatigue from what we did earlier paired with my abysmal amount of sleep (long story) zapped the life and drive out of my legs about 5 minutes in.  *shrug* we'll get there. 

Other things, my coach is designing what I hope will be a killer meal plan.  Grocery shopping for me is going to get uber specific and putting it frankly, that makes me very excited.  Now, hopefully it's got some flavor and variety, but I'll make it work. 

I've got time for about a 1.5 hour nap before I have to do more work (still at the same place)... going to go take advantage.  Ciao. 


No comments:

Post a Comment